Every day you are living in the past.
And I don’t mean some psychological trap about how terrible your up bring was or was not.
Every day, in every way, you are living with your past decisions. Look around you; all evidence of the past, good and bad.
You think you are living in the now, but you are living in the past.
- Your weight? All past decisions of what you ate.
- Your relationships? Previous conversations.
- Your job? Past actions.
- Your living situation? Again, past choices.
- Your wage or lack of one? Yep, the past.
- Your money status? Past spending/saving habits.
There is nothing that you are living today that is not living in the past. Nothing.
The past is merely a reflection of your choices, decisions, and actions. (Or lack thereof)
Look around you. If you see what you like, great – keep it up! If you are not satisfied with anything you are living in your now, decide on what you’d like to change.
If you are not happy with your past affecting your present, the only way to change is to live in the future.
Whaat? How can I live in the future? All I have is now.
Live in the future with how you want things to change. Live how you want to live, today. Live today as if you are living in the future.
- Start to pay the debt off today, so your future is free of debt. Start with minimum payments but start to live like a responsible financial person.
- Stop spending, so your future is free of debt.
- Start a savings plan, so you never have to go into debt again.
- Cut up your credit cards.
- Start a budget today.
- Do things with your money that your future self will thank you, like invest in quality stocks.
Your health and weight:
- Eat today for the body you want tomorrow.
- Move today for the body you want tomorrow.
- Tweak something every day. Maybe start with one glass of water today.
- Add another daily glass every week until you are up to eight glasses a day.
- Walk 100 steps extra today.
- Add 100 steps to your daily walk every week until you are up to 10,000 steps a day.
- Choose a salad instead of fries.
- Do something your future body will thank you for today.
- Hate your job? What is one thing you can do today that will eventually change your position?
- Take a free personality test online and research your perfect job?
- Read a book about discovering your life purpose and move in that direction?
- Be helpful to people at work?
- Polish up your resume and start a new search?
- Take an online class?
- Start a side hustle?
I think you get the idea. When you start living in the future, making choices today on how to affect your future, you will start living your dreams. There is no other outcome.
And living in the future is living in the now. You are designing the future you want and living one day at a time for the future. You’ll look at all the past decisions and choices you made and will be happy to live in the past.
As a card reader, all clients want to know their future. I’m not psychic, but I can tell you your future by asking about the actions in your daily life.
“If you want to know your past life, look at your present condition. If you want to know your future life, look at your present actions.”
How would your life change if you decided to live in the future rather than dwell in the past?